An extensible OpenGL 3 / C++11 scene graph library for teaching computer graphics along the programmable pipeline.
Copyright 2014-2019 Volker Ahlers
Documentation and example code
- header file scg3/scg3.h (cf. 3rd comment)
- folder scg3/doc (incl. example code)
- webpage http://vahlers.github.io/scg3/ (incl. Doxygen API documentation)
Git repository https://github.com/vahlers/scg3
git clone https://github.com/vahlers/scg3.git
Use Eclipse or Visual Studio, cf. documentation in scg3/scg3.h.
- scg3: scene graph library (static library)
- scg3_example: example application
- C++11 compiler, e.g., GCC 4.6, LLVM/Clang 3.1, Visual C++ 11.0/Visual Studio 2012 (or higher)
- OpenGL 3.2 graphics driver (or higher)
- GLFW 3.2.0 (or higher), cf. http://www.glfw.org/
Building using CMake on Linux
This project contains CMake files to build the project from the command line or import it into IDEs like CLion. (Only tested on Linux)
After navigating to the root directory of the project, you can build the library and example code using these commands:
mkdir build cd build cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../build-output .. make install -j8 # replace 8 with CPU core count
In case you want to install the scg3 library globally into your system, use
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .. and
sudo make install -jX instead.
Uninstallation can be done using
sudo make uninstall.