HastyPHP is a small and simple, mostly RESTful API and backend in PHP.
Why use it?
- Front-end devs who want a minimalist backend that Backbone and other MV* frameworks work well with.
- Sometimes you have to use PHP, because clients only have shared hosting, and Python or Ruby would be impossible.
- You don't want to learn a new gigantic framework, and you want easy deployment.
These are some nice-to-have features that I'll highlight:
- Allows compatibility for servers not supporting PUT and DELETE methods
- Uses Bcrypt for password hashing
- Includes sample Models for Users, Items, ItemTags, and ItemImages