Intro to Big Data project created by Team Honey Badgers, featuring Mark Petrie, Val Booth, and Nick Jenis.
This project was done for the Intro to Big Data class at RIT. Team Honey Badgers created a Windows Python App that allows you to filter and make graphs of three years worth of FAFSA dependency filing data representing every college/university in the US, along with outside territories. Data was retrieved from data.gov and represents every quarter from Q1 2013 to Q3 2016.
- SQLite for the database
- PyQT for the GUI
- plotly for generating graphs
- PyInstaller for creating the standalone app.
To Use the App:
- Download zip file from here.
- Extract the folder named
- Enter the folder and find the file
- Double click the file to launch the application. You may receive a pop up that says, "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" Please select the 'Run' option.
- Wait a moment and the 'Plot' GUI window will open.
Feel free to read the final, ACM style paper for this project here.