Valentina is a cross-platform patternmaking program which allows designers complete control of the patternmaking process. Patterns can be created using either standard sizing tables or an individual’s set of measurements. Valentina enables haute couture and bespoke patternmaking techniques for creating digital, scalable, sharable patterns with perfect fit.
- Windows XP SP2 (32-bit) or later
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04 (32-bit/64-bit) or later
- OpenSUSE 13.02 (32-bit/64-bit) or later
- Fedora 24 (32-bit/64-bit) or later
- Mac OS X 10.8 (64-bit) or later
Homepage and downloads https://valentina-project.org
Wiki & User Manual https://wiki.valentinaproject.org
PPA for Ubuntu (develop) PPA for Ubuntu (test) IRC channel #valentina on irc.freenode.net
Main repository https://github.com/valentina-project/vpo2
- Qt 5.2.0 or later (On Unix development packages needed)
- git (only for working with repository)
- On Unix:
- g++ (at least GCC 4.7 is needed and GCC 4.8 is recommended) or clang (clang 3.4 recommended)
- xpdf package (tool pdftops).
- On Windows:
- Xpdf is an open source viewer for Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Website http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/. Put tool pdftops.exe in the same directory with Valentina's binary file.
The installed toolchains have to match the one Qt was compiled with.
You can build Valentina with
cd $SOURCE_DIRECTORY\build qmake ..\Valentina.pro -r CONFIG+=noDebugSymbols CONFIG+=no_ccache make (or mingw32-make or nmake or jom, depending on your platform)
Note: On some platforms e.g. Fedora, all Qt-tools come as qmake-qt5, etc. In this case you should install qtchooser. This wrapper resolves the Qt version with respect to QT_SELECT. So run
prior to qmake. You will not come along with just using qmake-qt5 here.
Note: In order to build and use Valentina, the PATH environment variable needs to be extended to locate qmake, moc and other Qt tools. This is done by adding your Qt's installation path (eg c:\Qt%VERSION%\bin) to the PATH variable. Check your Qt installation to find the correct path to enter.
For newer versions of Windows, PATH can be extended through this menu:
You may also need to ensure that the locations of your compiler and other build tools are listed in the PATH variable. This will depend on your choice of software development environment.
Unix systems: Default prefix for command "make install" is /usr. For using another prefix build with qmake command:
qmake PREFIX=/usr/local PREFIX_LIB=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu Valentina.pro -r CONFIG+=noDebugSymbols CONFIG+=no_ccache
where /usr/local is a new prefix for installation binary files and /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu is new prefix for install libraries.
Valentina is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Valentina is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
See LICENSE_GPL.txt file for further information
Other components released under:
- QMuParser - BSD license
- VPropertyExplorer - LGPLv2.1 license © 2017 GitHub, Inc. Terms Privacy Security Status Help Contact GitHub API Training Shop Blog About