Vim is my editor of choice, and it's one of the first software I install on a new machine, with Git.
Here's a compilation of all the resources that helped me to start with Vim, and understand its power.
There will be a lot of redundant information across the links below, but there's a lot of stuff in Vim that worths repeating (and practicing) before really getting it.
- Il démarre Vim par erreur, ce qui se passe ensuite est tout simplement bluffant (French)
- The Vim Learning Curve is a Myth
- Why I use Vim
- To vim, or not to vim
- Vim for people who think things like Vim are weird and hard
- Why Atom Can't Replace Vim
- Top 10 Pitfalls When Switching to Vim
- The Invisible Interface (why Vim bindings are more convenient than mouse)
- Why, oh WHY, do those #?@! nutheads use vi?
- A vim Tutorial and Primer (really good starter)
- Getting Started with Vim: An Interactive Guide
- Learn Vim Progressively
- Learning Vim in 2014
- Vim: revisited
- The Compositional Nature of Vim
- The grammar of Vim
- Vim Text Objects: The Definitive Guide
- Learn to speak vim – verbs, nouns, and modifiers!
- Your problem with Vim is that you don't grok vi
- Seven habits of effective text editing
- Vim regexes are awesome
- Vim Splits - Move Faster and More Naturally
- How I boosted my Vim
- Vim 101: The Jump and Change Lists