AWF - A Widget Factory
A widget factory is a theme preview application for gtk2 and gtk3. It displays the various widget types provided by gtk2/gtk3 in a single window allowing to see the visual effect of the applied theme.
Warning: it's quite some time I haven't looked at gtk3 to integrate the latest widgets, and I don't plan to work on this tool anymore.
AWF was indeed created a long time ago when neither gtk2 nor gtk3 were providing such a tool.
As part of gtk3 there is now gtk3-widget-factory and gtk4 will provide gtk4-widget-factory.
- Display widget types available in gtk2/gtk3 (remark: option menu widget type only exists in gtk2, switch and level bar widget types only exist in gtk3)
- Menus to select the themes available either at system level or user level
- Toolbar button to start the other gtk version of the tool
- Toolbar button to refresh the current theme (not working anymore in latest versions of gtk3)
- Refresh the current theme on SIGHUP
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:flexiondotorg/awf
sudo apt update
sudo apt install awf
RPM based distro
There is no pre-built package (yet) but you can generate RPM like this:
- gtk2 version 2.24
A widget factory is provided under the terms of the GNU GPLv3 license. See the COPYING file for details.
Valère Monseur (valere dot monseur at ymail dot com)
- Ottoman Kent (for testing in ubuntu and bug report)
- Dwight Engen (for rpm specification file: awf.spec.in)
- Josef Radinger (for sorted menus, text in progress bars, treeviews with(out) scrollbars)