GESIS workshop on Topic Modeling
Welcome to the 2019 GESIS workshop on Topic Modeling.
This page will be used to distribute the slides, handouts, and other materials for this course.
All material is free to re-use under the CC-BY license.
- R for Data Science - A free online book on data analysis in R
- Text Analysis in R - Our tutorial on quantitative text anlaysis
- RStudio Cheat Sheets - Summaries of useful R commands
- ggplot Gallery and data-to-viz for inspiration on visualization
- r-course-material - Our handouts on tidyverse, statistics, and text analysis in R
- Rvest: [blog post from the author] [mini demo]
- Our paper on [Automatic Text Analysis]
- Download & install R from: https://cran.r-project.org/
- Download & install RStudio from: https://www.rstudio.com/
- Install packages with the following R commands:
Day 1: Introduction to R (optional)
- Morning Session: Introduction to R
- Afternoon Session: Data analysis and Visualization
Day 2: Quantitative Text Analysis and Topic Modeling
- Morning Session: Introduction to Automatic Text Analysis
- Afternoon Session: Running and Validating Topic Models
Day 3: Advanced issues in Topic Modeling
- Morning Session 1: Technical Details of Topic Modeling
- Afternoon Session: Structural Topic Models