Velocity Editor for Eclipse
This project leverages the Eclipse platform by adding support for the template/scripting engine Apache Velocity.
It uses the parser of the Velocity engine (currently v1.7.0) to provide a Velocity-aware text editor with outline view.
The editor is associated to files with the extensions
*.vm. This is defined in a content type available from
Preferences > General > Content Type > Text > Velocity Template. Additional file name extensions can be specified here as well.
- Syntax-highlight for Velocity Template Language (VTL)
- Outline view with hierarchy of VTL directives and Velocimacro references
- Content assist for VTL directives (Screenshot) and references (Screenshot) -> auto-activation after the character
$or manually via keyboard shortcut
- Automatic template validation while typing (the first syntax error is shown in task list and the according line is marked in annotation column) -> Screenshot
- Annotation hover with definition of references (Screenshot) and template syntax errors (Screenshot)
- Go to definition of variable or Velocimacro reference under current cursor position (via navigate + context menu or keyboard shortcut
- Use Workbench's navigation history to return to previous location (keyboard shortcut
Alt + Arrow Left).
- Comment and uncomment blocks (via
- Preference pages for definition of Velocity counter name and user-defined Velocity directives (Screenshot)
- Preference pages for color settings of the editor's syntax highlighting (Screenshot)
- Preference pages for Velocimacro library (Screenshot)
Online updates are available from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vaulttec/veloedit/updatesite/.
To install the plugin use this URL in Eclipse's Update Manager (
Help > Install New Software) or drag the following badge to your running Eclipse workspace (requires Eclipse Marketplace Plugin):