APFEL++: A new PDF evolution library in C++
APFEL++ is a C++ rewriting of the Fortran 77 evolution code APFEL (see http://apfel.hepforge.org and https://github.com/scarrazza/apfel). APFEL++ is based on a completely new code design and guarantees a better performance along with a more optimal memory management. The new modular structure allows for a better maintainability and an easier extensibility. This makes APFEL++ suitable for a wide range of tasks: from the solution of the DGLAP evolution equations to the computation of deep-inelastic-scattering (DIS) and single-inclusive-annihilation cross sections. Also more complex computations, like semi-inclusive DIS and Drell-Yan cross sections, are easily implementable in APFEL++.
You can obtain APFEL++ directly from the github repository:
For the last development branch you can clone the master code:
git clone https://github.com/vbertone/apfelxx.git
If you instead want to download a specific tag:
git tag -l git checkout tags/tag_name
The code can be compiled using the following procedure:
cd apfelxx cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/your/installation/path/ . make && make install
By the default, if no prefix specification is given, the program will be installed in the /usr/local folder. If you want (or need) to use a different path, remember to export the APFEL++ /lib folder into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. More configuration options can be accessed by typing:
Code documentation generated with Doxygen can be found here: https://vbertone.github.io/apfelxx/html/index.html.
- V. Bertone, APFEL++: A new PDF evolution library in C++, arXiv:1708.00911.
- V. Bertone, S. Carrazza, J. Rojo, Doped Parton Distributions, arXiv:1509.04022.
- V. Bertone, S. Carrazza, D. Pagani, M. Zaro, On the Impact of Lepton PDFs, arXiv:1508.07002.
- V. Bertone, S. Carrazza, E. Nocera, Reference results for time-like evolution up to O(α_s^3), arXiv:1501.00494.
- S. Carrazza, A. Ferrara, D. Palazzo, J. Rojo, APFEL Web: a web-based application for the graphical visualization of parton distribution functions, arXiv:1410.5456.
- V. Bertone, S. Carrazza, J. Rojo, APFEL: A PDF Evolution Library with QED corrections, arXiv:1310.1394.