Welcome to my video upload example, VUE. Pronounced as screenreaders interpret it: "Veeyoui".
- In theory, all you should need is
- As with any Rails app, getting Capybara to work is the hardest part.
- There may be some trouble with the paperclip-av-transcoder gem, which relies on ffmpeg being installed locally. I don't know the magic words for getting it working, but that is a possible pain point.
- Uploading takes a very long time. This is because videos are encoaded with paperclip-av-transcoder. Before I added this gem, the upload was almost instant, but by transcoding, I am able to get the MP4's length in seconds.
- As a direct result of this, feature tests take way too long as well.
- The "choose file" dialog shows "no file chosen" even when one is chosen.
- The upload bar and seconds remaining features are very jerky and unhelpful.
- The logo is so cool.