vcspull - synchronize your repos. built on
Manage your commonly used repos from YAML / JSON manifest(s). Compare to myrepos.
Great if you use the same repos at the same locations across multiple
machines or want to clone / update a pattern of repos without having to
cd into each one.
- clone /update to the latest repos with
- use filters to specify a location, repo url or pattern in the manifest to clone / update
- supports svn, git, hg version control systems
- automatically checkout fresh repositories
- Documentation and Examples.
- supports pip-style URL's (RFC3986-based url scheme)
$ pip install --user vcspull
add repos you want vcspull to manage to
vcspull does not currently scan for repos on your system, but it may in the future
~/code/: flask: "git+https://github.com/mitsuhiko/flask.git" ~/study/c: awesome: "git+git://git.naquadah.org/awesome.git" ~/study/data-structures-algorithms/c: libds: "git+https://github.com/zhemao/libds.git" algoxy: repo: "git+https://github.com/liuxinyu95/AlgoXY.git" remotes: tony: "git+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/tony/AlgoXY.git"
next, on other machines, copy your
$HOME/.vcspull.yaml file or
$HOME/.vcspull/ directory them and you can clone your repos
consistently. vcspull automatically handles building nested directories.
Updating already cloned/checked out repos is done automatically if they
clone / update your repos
keep nested VCS repositories updated too, lets say you have a mercurial or svn project with a git dependency:
external_deps.yaml in your project root, (can be anything):
./vendor/: sdl2pp: "git+https://github.com/libSDL2pp/libSDL2pp.git"
clone / update repos:
$ vcspull -c external_deps.yaml
See the Quickstart for more.
pulling specific repos
have a lot of repos?
you can choose to update only select repos through
patterns. remember to add the repos to your
The patterns can be filtered by by directory, repo name or vcs url.
# any repo starting with "fla" $ vcspull "fla*" # any repo with django in the name $ vcspull "*django*" # search by vcs + url # since urls are in this format <vcs>+<protocol>://<url> $ vcspull "git+*" # any git repo with python in the vcspull $ vcspull "git+*python* # any git repo with django in the vcs url $ vcspull "git+*django*" # all repositories in your ~/code directory $ vcspull "$HOME/code/*"
Your donations fund development of new features, testing and support. Your money will go directly to maintenance and development of the project. If you are an individual, feel free to give whatever feels right for the value you get out of the project.
See donation options at https://git-pull.com/support.html.
- Python support: >= 3.6, pypy
- VCS supported: git(1), svn(1), hg(1)
- Source: https://github.com/vcs-python/vcspull
- Docs: https://vcspull.git-pull.com
- Changelog: https://vcspull.git-pull.com/history.html
- API: https://vcspull.git-pull.com/api.html
- Issues: https://github.com/vcs-python/vcspull/issues
- Test Coverage: https://codecov.io/gh/vcs-python/vcspull
- pypi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/vcspull
- Open Hub: https://www.openhub.net/p/vcspull
- License: MIT.