Laptop is a script to set up your Max OS X laptop as a Rails development machine.
- C compiler, such as GCC, LLVM, or Clang.
Run the script:
curl -s https://raw.github.com/natebird/laptop/master/mac | sh
What it sets up
- SSH public key (for authenticating with services like Github and Heroku)
- Homebrew (for managing operating system libraries)
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- Postgres (for storing relational data)
- ImageMagick (for cropping and resizing images)
- rbenv (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Ruby language (for writing general-purpose code)
- Bundler gem (for managing Ruby libraries)
- Rails gem (for writing web applications)
- Heroku gem (for interacting with the Heroku API)
- Taps gem (for pushing and pulling SQL databases between environments)
- Postgres gem (for making Ruby talk to SQL databases)
It should take about 20 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.