App for viewing visualizations created in Vega or Vega-Lite. We are not always keeping the versions of Vega and Vega-Lite up to date. Please use the Vega-Editor to work with the latest versions.
Download from GitHub releases.
To download versions before 2.0, please see CHANGELOG.
- Can read both Vega and Vega-Lite files.
- Save output as
- Can determine the file format if the extension is
- If the extension is just
*.json, will check for
$schemafield in the JSON spec.
- Otherwise will try to parse as Vega-Lite, then Vega.
- It will load external data files relative to the spec files directory.
You also can set your OS to have
*.vl.json opened with vega-desktop by default.
yarn yarn start
Builds the app for OS X, Linux, and Windows, using electron-packager.
- Upload the binaries to the release page.