JSON-based web interfaces for command-line programs
Pline is a specification for describing command-line programs and their interfaces, and its implementation as a lightweight web app. Pline renders web interfaces from JSON-formatted interface descriptions in
plugin.json files. Custom interfaces can be written using the plugin API and distributed e.g. by pusblishing
plugin.json files to the [plugin repository]. Pline was originally designed for the bioinformatics community, but the plugin API is domain-agnostic, so a graphical interface can be crafted for any command-line executable.
Documentation, downloads and exampl einterfaces are available on the Pline website.
- Clone or download this repository
- Add interfaces from the plugins repository
- Launch Pline server:
- Open a web browser an go to http://localhost:8000
- Select an interface from the Tools menu
- Fill the inputs and click RUN to launch the command-line tool
- Collect the result files from the data folder (by default