A dependency-free tool developed to help ease migration of WordPress sites from one domain to another.
- Backup your WordPress database.
- Seriously, Back Up Your Database!
- Situation One: You have a new server where you intend to upload your existing WordPress site files.
- Export the current WordPress database data into a SQL dump file.
- Create a MySQL database on the new server.
- Import the WordPress database dump file into the newly created database.
- Open up the wp-config.php file and set the
DB_NAMEconstants to the correct values for the new server.
- Upload the WordPress directory contents to the domain directory on the new server.
- Situation Two: The WordPress files and database locations have not changed — just the domain name.
- Coninue on to Step 5...
- Open up
wpdc/config.phpfile in a text editor and replace the default password with a VERY secure password of your choice.
- Upload the entire
wpdc/directory to the root directory of your WordPress site.
- Note: The root directory is where the wp-config.php is located.
- In a web browser go to:
- Type in the password that you set in step 6 at the authentication prompt.
- You will now be presented with the domain changer form.
- The script will try and auto-detect all of the settings, but it’s up to you to confirm they are all correct.
- Take one last look at the settings to verify that they are correct... then click the "Change Domain!"" button.
- Go to your site’s home page at the new domain — all should be working!
- Once the domain has been changed remove this
wpdc/directory from the server!
Wordpress Domain Changer is released under the New BSD license.