A stand-alone tool that helps ease the migration of WordPress sites from one domain/URL to another.
- Backup your WordPress site's database.
- Seriously, Back Up Your Database!
- Situation One: The WordPress files and database have not moved -- only the domain/URL has changed.
- Skip to step 5.
- Situation Two: You intend to move an existing WordPress site to a new server.
- Export the current WordPress database to a SQL dump file.
- Create a MySQL database on the new server and import the SQL dump file.
- Open up the WordPress
wp-config.phpfile and set the
DB_NAMEconstants to the correct values for the new server.
- Upload the WordPress files to the appropriate directory on the new server.
- Open up the
wpdc/config.phpfile and replace the default password with a VERY secure password of your choice.
- Upload the
wpdc/directory itself to the root directory of your WordPress site.
Note: The root directory is where the
wp-config.phpfile is located.
- Note: The root directory is where the
- Open a web browser and navigate to:
- Login with the password you entered in Step 6.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & steps.
- Remove the
wpdc/directory from the server when you're finished.
WordPress Domain Changer is released under the New BSD license.