Modern application for democratic process. It is (in constrast to existing solutions):
- modular - JS client or Mobile app and simple yet robust and well tested JSON API server
- made by modern, fast performing technologies like node.js, react.js, MobX
- user friendly - build with modern CSS framework (subject to choose) to make participation on democratic process fun and enjoyable
- stackoverflow like dicussions to proposed ideas
- collecting support for proposed materials to allow voting on it
- actual voting, easy voting setup
- automatic notifications of users about new votings, or voting results, ..
Build with express.js and secured by JSON webtokens, uses SQL DB for data storing. Note on modularity: It can call 3rd party processors of voting result written in different languages. It is perfectly ok and allows you to test different exeperimental of voting processing without hassle to collect data.
interresting materials (research):
- DomSchiener/liquid-democracy - interresting article about democratic process in 21st cent.
- heliosvoting - promissing, but not modular 'i-know-everything' solution, hard to maintain
React/mobX based web application for this API on https://github.com/vencax/opendemocracy-webclient