A refined version of PHP CodeSniffer that can be used for CakePHP development.
Added more sniffs based on CakePHP Conventions and built over the original http://www.sanisoft.com/downloads/cakephp_sniffs/.
The newly added sniffs are ’Files and Classname Conventions" as prescribed in the CakePHP cook book.
In general, filenames are underscored while classnames are CamelCased. So if you have a class MyNiftyClass, then in Cake, the file should be named my_nifty_class.php. Below are examples of how to name the file for each of the different types of classes you would typically use in a CakePHP application:
- The Controller class KissesAndHugsController would be found in a file named kisses_and_hugs_controller.php (notice _controller in the filename)
- The Component class MyHandyComponent would be found in a file named my_handy.php
- The Model class OptionValue would be found in a file named option_value.php
- The Behavior class EspeciallyFunkableBehavior would be found in a file named especially_funkable.php
- The View class SuperSimpleView would be found in a file named super_simple.php
- The Helper class BestEverHelper would be found in a file named best_ever.php