Don't Be Mad, Man...
Don't Be Mad, Man... or 'dbmm' is a project I started to see how I could create a stress relieving website in the smallest way possible.
When I was working as a helpdesk tech for a medical company, I used to get flustered and angry. Storm about, and vent to my co-worker, Mr. Leroy Brown. Every time I would get in a tizzy, he would always say: "Don't be mad, man...". The quote became a day-in/day-out saying at the office, and an inside joke for the IT/Developer Team that worked there.
- Create a breathing circle animation.
- 2 HTML files, index and 404, nothing too complicated.
- Minify appropriate things.
- index.html - 1.47 KB
- 404.html - 1.14 KB
- style.css - 1.35 KB
- Total(gzipped) - 3.99 KB - Just under 4 KB!
"What's it built with?"
- Bootstrap - pulled in via CDN
- Modernizr - ditto
- Font Awesome - for the heart, also pulled via CDN
- CSS3 - For the breathing animations
- Sublime Text 2 - my favorite text editor
- AWS S3 / Route 53 - to host the static site
- Add text to inform user to breathe with the animation. (Most requested feature!)
- Add variable slider to change the rate in which the animation triggers: (Second most requested feature!) (5s to 10s maybe?) (Ver. 1 priority.)
- Add multiple backgrounds based upon: Location, Time, and Weather (Ver. 1 priority.)
- Add audio, and audio controls: Volume Button, start off muted, 3-5 volume levels. (Unsure about this.)
- Integrate API to pull in de-stress quotes, perhaps new quote every refresh, or a set time variable. (Also unsure about.)