GRASS GIS crash course
This repository was created for a GRASS GIS crash course that will take place at ITC on November 3rd, 2017. The workshop is organized by OSGeo Netherlands and ITC - Faculty of Geo-information Science and Earth Observation from the University of Twente, Enschede. See the announcement at: https://osgeo.nl/grassgis-course/.
We use GRASS GIS 7.2.2 (current stable version). It can be installed either through standalone installers/binaries or through OSGeo-Live (which includes all OSGeo software and packages).
Standalone installers for different OS:
There are two different options:
- Standalone installer: 32-bit version | 64-bit version
- OSGeo4W package (network installer for advanced users): 32-bit version | 64-bit version
Install GRASS GIS 7.2 using homebrew osgeo4mac:
brew tap osgeo/osgeo4mac brew install grass7
Install GRASS GIS from packages:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install grass
For other Linux distros, please find GRASS GIS in their package managers.
OSGeo-live is a self-contained bootable DVD, USB thumb drive or Virtual Machine based on Lubuntu, that allows you to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything. There are different options to run OSGeo-live:
For a quick-start guide, see: https://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/osgeolive_quickstart.html
GRASS GIS Add-ons
- Raster time series exercise: v.strds.stats
- Spatial interpolation exercise: r.vif and r.learn.ml
- Remote sensing analysis exercise: i.fusion.hpf and i.landsat8.qc
- North Carolina location (full dataset, 150Mb)
- Folder 'data' in this repo contains data for all the exercises.
- Veronica Andreo. Department of Earth Observation Science. ITC - Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation. University of Twente.
- Sajid Pareeth. Water Science and Engineering Department, IHE Delft Institute for Water Education.
- Paulo van Breugel. Geo Media & Design, HAS University of Applied Sciences. OSGeo-NL
The workshop text and images:
- Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- BSD 2-Clause License
Some other content is included too:
- jQuery library (MIT license)
- higlight.js (BSD 3-Clause License)
- GRASS GIS CSS file
- Python and CC logos
See specific files for thier licenses.