Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
VersionPress 4.0 introduces support for WordPress plugins and themes. The other significant changes are a much-improved search, staging visualization and Composer workflows support.
Note: this is an Early Access release. These warnings and limitations apply.
New in 4.0-alpha1
👋We're looking for feedback on this, please chat with us on Gitter.
Plugins can now be described to VersionPress using a set of plugin definitions in a
.versionpress folder. These include:
actions.ymldefining plugin actions
schema.ymldescribing how the plugin stores data in the database
shortcodes.ymldefining any new shortcodes the plugin introduces
hooks.phpcontaining any filters and actions further customizing the functionality
- Significant search improvements – #805
- Branching and merging visualization – #1043
- Composer workflows – #1037
Other significant changes
- MobX introduced as a state management library for the React frontend – #1091
- Frontend generally reviewed and cleaned up (React component structure, code style, etc.) – #1083
To upgrade from 3.0 and earlier, please do a full re-activation. The recommended procedure is:
- Put the site in a maintenance mode.
- Deactivate VersionPress (just deactivate, do not uninstall).
- Delete the contents of
wp-content/plugins/versionpressand extract the current version there.
- Activate & initialize the plugin again.
- Disable maintenance mode.
General system requirements:
- PHP 5.6.0 or later
- WordPress 4.4 or later
- Git 1.9 or later
System requirements for sync / multi-environment workflows:
- Custom server or VPS is recommended.