Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Building on 4.0-alpha1, this beta brings user-editable plugin definitions, better stability and support for WordPress 4.7 & 4.8.
Released 9 July 2017. Announcement blog post.
Developer Preview note:
Developer Preview is a period during which VersionPress is reasonably stable but still young, limited in scope and external backup is recommended at all times. Learn more.
- For plugin definitions, the
WP_CONTENT_DIR/.versionpress/plugins/<plugin-slug>location is now supported and actually preferred #1176
- Filterable action priorities #1232
- Support for serialized arrays inside serialized arrays, a.k.a., inception #1234
- Most actions now use the verb 'update' rather than 'edit' #1120
- Schema updates for WordPress 4.7 (#1164) and 4.8 (#1217)
- Fixed many bugs reported in 4.0-alpha1
- Updates to Plugin-Support.md based on feedback (current state)
- Dockerized development environment and tests #1041
- Both backend and frontend dependencies updated after a while
- We've adopted GitHub projects to manage the development process
- 'Developer Preview' is now used instead of 'Early Access' #1201
- Docs have been merged into the main repo (used to be
To upgrade from 4.0-alpha1 and earlier, uninstall (delete) the previous version and install again.
- WordPress 4.8+
- PHP 5.6+
- Git 1.9+ (2.13 or newer recommended)