Guide to contributing
Please read this if you intend to contribute to the project.
- Get a github account if you don't have one already
- Submit a github issue if there isn't one already.
- Clearly describe the bug or feature
- Provide exact reproducable steps to reproduce the issue if its a bug
- Include the versions of all components
- Fork the repository on github
Making your changes
- Create a new branch for your changes
- Make your changes
- Make sure you include tests
- Make sure the test suite passes after your changes
- Commit your changes into that branch
- Use descriptive and meaningful commit messages
- If you have a lot of commits squash them into a single commit
- Push your changes to your branch in your forked repository
Submitting the changes
Before submitting your pull request you must sign the Eclipse Foundation Contributor License Agreement.
We will NOT ACCEPT any contributions without this first being signed.
To sign the Eclipse CLA you need to:
Obtain an Eclipse Foundation userid. Anyone who currently uses Eclipse Bugzilla or Gerrit systems already has one of those. If you don’t, you need to register.
Login into the projects portal, select “My Account”, and then the “Contributor License Agreement” tab.
- Once you have signed the Eclipse CLA, make a note on the github issue that you have signed the CLA, and then you can submit a pull request via github.
- Do not use your branch for any other development, otherwise further changes that you make will be visible in the PR.