Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- vertcoin-qt_0.12.0.dsc 1.52 KB
- vertcoin-qt_0.12.0_amd64.deb 10.5 MB
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-linux-64bit.zip 21.7 MB
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-linux-64bit.zip.sig 543 Bytes
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-linux-arm.zip 5.7 MB
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-linux-arm.zip.sig 543 Bytes
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-OSX-64bit.dmg 31.4 MB
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-OSX-64bit.dmg.sig 543 Bytes
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-windows-64bit.zip 23.4 MB
- vertcoin-v0.12.0-windows-64bit.zip.sig 543 Bytes
- vertcoind_0.12.0.dsc 1.45 KB
- vertcoind_0.12.0_amd64.deb 2.87 MB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
This is the first release of Vertcoin Core 0.12.0. Over the release candidate the only change in this version are some additional DNS seeds.
As always, remember to backup your wallet before upgrading.
Particularly interesting/fun in this release are the inclusion of the new
vtc1 prefixed pay-to-witness-pubkey-hash (p2wpkh) bech32 addresses which will become the default in the future. You can generate these from the debug window console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console) by using the
addwitnessaddress command with a p2pkh address from your wallet. e.g.
addwitnessaddress VqC5JZZbiuVM5eZ7rcyMeBD3GnJebveeGX false ->
vtc1q564855umf73meq4l8svzwdrgeu2lgyrha09pvh. 0.12.0 wallets and the LN wallet Lit can send to this type of address as normal. You can also generate a backwards compatible p2wpkh address using
addwitnessaddress VqC5JZZbiuVM5eZ7rcyMeBD3GnJebveeGX ->
3N5SQsujvwWh3DVjVJpU9bfy22W9UGCkYw. This is the same type of "segwit address" that the Ledger app generates and is embedded inside a pay-to-script-hash (p2sh) address.
Backend developers should be aware that this version contains non-backwards-compatible changes to the RPC interface. Developers should ensure compliance with the changes before deploying this upgrade in production systems.
I have included signatures for each of the binaries, signed with my pgp key.