- Switch: copy
sd:/switch/appstore/appstore.nro, and run via hbmenu
- Wii U: copy
sd:/wiiu/apps/appstore/appstore.rpx, and run via HBL
- OR: extract the right
*-extracttosd.zipfor your platform to the root of the SD card
- new theme category + allow theme installation
- NRO launching after installation
- uses GPU to render (smoother)
- faster downloads
- can actually exit with minus button
- misc category added
- synced with switch codebase! Now using SDL2
- can search now!
- can control without touch screen
- can scroll and read more details about packages (size, changelog, etc)
- can install files anywhere on SD (Retroarch, haxchi, etc updated)
- sort apps, smoother scrolling, and other quality of life things from syncing with Switch
The PC build has also started migrating to Buck + Buckaroo for building and dependency management. It is my long term goal to use the same Buck configuration to compile across all platforms!
- Search functionality with on screen keyboard
- Allow sorting of app list by: most recently updated, download count, alphabetically, download size, and randomly
- Add new "Advanced" category including some system/hekate modules
- Redesigned "App Details" screen to show much more information about each app such as long scrollable description, download count, download size, and last updated date
- Added feedback reporting for any app to collect data about what works and doesn't work. This feedback will be passed along to the app's author if appropriate
- All touch and controller controls refactored and more responsive to input (highlights, buttons, etc)
- Add four-column "wide" view activated by pressing L or ZL in the app listing
- New offline screen when internet connection isn't detected instead of empty progress bar
- List other apps by the same author from the details page
- Switched to curl instead of old hacky HTTP downloading curl
- Empty folders are now removed upon uninstallation of a package
- Corrupt cached icons should no longer freeze loading
- Uses romfs for storing images instead of an external folder
- Some settings for cleaning up any empty folders leftover by the old app and wiping the icon cache
This is a Switch homebrew app for downloading and installing more homebrew from Switchbru's repository.
To use it, see the instructions in the readme. Homebrew is only currently publicly compatible with 3.0.0 Switches.
The first load will take a while as it caches some icon and banner data, loads after that should be much faster. The best way to interact with the app is by using the touch screen, but there are also gamepad controls.
- vgmoose/libget#1 - empty folders aren't removed when uninstalling package
- #5 - Pynx takes about 5 minutes to extract files from zip
- #2 - downloading should use libcurl
Reporting issues can be done on Github or on the Switchbru Discord (or #switchbru on Freenode)
This is a (preview!!) of a graphical front end to the "get" package manager, for downloading and managing installed homebrew apps on the Switch console itself. This is a spiritual successor to the Wii U Homebrew app store.
It has a very basic text-based interface for downloading and installing homebrew. I would like feedback from the community on what works and doesn't work with this format. Going forward for the 1.0 release, I want to complete the visuals in #1. Please leave feedback here.
This .nro is hardcoded to load repo data from switchbru.com/appstore. The get package manager supports multiple repositories configured in a json file, but to properly handle DNS lookup I would want #2 to be finished first.
It crashes sometimes when downloading some files. I think it has to do with files that are pre-installed on the SD card before downloading them through the app. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated (#3)
Thanks for checking out this app preview and reporting any feedback. I want the "get" package manager to be as versatile as possible to handle future apps, and also to backport these changes to the Wii U, so that it can also benefit from these enhancements.
EDIT Mar 15 2018: fix crashes during downloading some zips
EDITMar 15 2018: fix bug removing packages