Gnome-shell extension that tiles windows as you like.
This extension is developed at GitHub If you are reading this documentation anywhere else, it might be out of date.
Gnome extensions must be in the Gnome extentions directory with a subdirectory name
which matches the uuid field of
See https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/Extensions for details.
Clone the repository to the Gnome extensions folder.
git clone https://github.com/vibou/vibou.gTile.git ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/gTile@vibou
Alt-F2 Enter a Command: r
To configure gTile use preferences dialog
- Add full keyboard control, window position presets, full settings control through preferences dialog. Fixed couple bugs here and there.
- Fix an issue on tracking focused window
- Add compatibility with Gnome-Shell 10
- Fix some UI Issues
- UI changes
- Compatibility Gnome Shell 3.6.1
- Compatibility Gnome Shell 3.4.1 + small bug correction
- Add Key binding settings + Compatibility 3.4.1
- Correct small bug on auto tile where monitor height was considered without gnome-panel on primaryMonitor
- AutoTile function : 2 new auto tile features + Replace Animation and auto close text by icons
- Now gTile follows your focus window !! Thanks to Claus Beerta he implements it in a branch.
- I change the implementation so that it works with multi-screen and I also added animations.
However he added the keybinding in settings (into the file extension.js) but it s still buggy I think
So I let it for those who wants to try it.
- Correct bug where Desktop can be tile
- 3x2 button added by default
- Add Auto-close once resize
- Add Smooth animation when toggle extension
- New icon
(/!\ auto-close may cause some bugs so let me know if you had any thanks).