This is an ongoing platformer game project, built with Ruby and the Gosu and MiniGL libraries.
Running the game
- Install Ruby.
- Install Gosu and MiniGL (see "Installing" here).
- Clone this repository.
- Open a command prompt/terminal in the repository folder and run
- The source code is distributed under the GNU GPLv3 license and the image and sound assets (contents of the folders data/img, data/song and data/tileset) under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license.
- The game is not complete. You can expect to find some bugs - if you find them, please let me know.
- Regarding the soundtrack, credits go to Zergananda and Francesco Corrado, except for the track "Desert Theme" (file data/song/m0.ogg), which was created by me.
- The "bundle.rb" and "update_stages.rb" files are not part of the source code of the game, they're utility scripts I use to create a bundled file with all the source code and to update the stage files when new elements are created, respectively.
- The level editor I have used to create all the stages is also available here.
The first goal of this repository is for people to play the game and give feedback on the gameplay, graphics, soundtrack, etc. However, improvements to the source code and new ideas will also be welcome.
If you're interested in contributing with the source code, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org so I can give you an overview of the project's structure. If there are many people interested, I will then include such overview in this README.
Also, if you want to support my work, you can donate bitcoins to this wallet: bc1qvypzxnvtp2wzx8l5ecm0u6e7wshjxznzh0440c