Originally written by David Benn:
This version maintained by Vidar Hokstad.
License: GNU General Public License
ACE is a recursive descent peephole optimizing compiler for a large subset of AmigaBASIC plus a number of extensions.
It generates M68k assembler suitable for use with A68k.
Please read README_FIRST for details on the original source release.
Changes since the last release
This version is based on the Aminet source code release.
The full set of changesets from the Aminet release is in Git.
The changes are mainly comprised of:
- Making ACE compile and run on Linux (but still only generating M68k output)
- Various minor cleanups for newer compilers
I won't have time to make a lot of updates but I want to do a few things:
- Test and ensure it works properly on AmigaOS 3.x
- Port it to AROS on x86 w/both m68k and x86 backends.
- See if I can find someone to port it to AmigaOS 4.x and MorphOS (both PPC)
- Rewrite the asm parts of the runtime library
- Maybe do a Linux port of the runtime.