LövePotion is an unofficial work in progress implementation of the LÖVE API for 3DS Homebrew.
Go here for semi-stable releases. Join
#lovepotion on OFTC for help/discussion/chat etc.
Can I run my LÖVE game on this?
Running your game without any changes is very unlikely, so it's recommended to currently use LövePotion to make games from the ground up.
Can I help?
Yes, see the CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.
How do I build this?
Follow this guide, building should work on Linux, Windows and macOS if setup properly.
How do I load my game?
Games are loaded either from a
game folder placed in the same directory as a built 3dsx, or
loaded directly from RomFS if LövePotion is built with a
game folder in its directory.
How do I run this?
There are a ton of ways to run LövePotion. Start here!
There are also other ways, but I know next to nothing of these methods.
To run your game in Citra, place your game folder in these locations:
Neat! I'm gonna send my game to Nintendo and get cartridge of my game and I'l-
Stop right there kiddo, this is for Homebrew only.
This is not for releasing a real 3DS title. I dunno, contact Nintendo if that's what you want.
Can I use this to run Mari0?
- Picroxx! by Substance12
- Space Shooter Game by Darkwater
- Ludum Dare 33 Entry by me
- NumberFucker3DS by unek & me
- SpaceFruit by TurtleP
- Loophole by Aaron Butterworth & CKlidify
- Hax0r by TurtleP
- Idiot by TurtleP
- ravimid by hoksy "raisin bran" jp
- Jetski 3DS by miltoncandelero
Send me your projects so I can showcase them here!
The following dependencies are required to be installed properly in your dev environment for LovePotion to build.
- Smealum and everyone who worked on ctrulib and
Ninjhaxall the Hax!
- xerpi for sf2dlib and sftdlib and sfillib
- Everyone who worked on lua-compat-5.2
- Everyone who has worked on Citra
- Everyone who worked on DevKitARM
- rxi for lovedos which has been good learning material (I also used his luaobj util)
- Firew0lf, Reuh, Negi and everyone else who worked on ctruLua
- TurtleP for help/advice and being my best customer
- Mik Embley for his contributions
- All of the LÖVE community, for being awesome
- Anyone that I forgot
This code is licensed under the MIT Open Source License.
Copyright (c) 2015-2016 Ruairidh Carmichael - email@example.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.