Simple library for generating slugs
- Update your Gemfile:
- Add a 'slug' column to your table.
- Extend gastropod in your model
assign_generated_slugto generate a slug
class Product < ActiveRecord::Base extend Gastropod include Gastropod::ActiveRecord::Validations # Roll your own for other ORMs # Method to generate a slug against slug :name end
DB = Sequel.connect('sqlite://db/sequel.db') DB.create_table? :fruits do primary_key :id String :name String :slug end class Fruit < Sequel::Model extend Gastropod slug :name def before_save assign_generated_slug end end
Override the instance method 'slug_finder' for custom scoping
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it.
- Fork the project.
- Start a feature/bugfix branch.
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution.
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2013 James Cook & Patrick Reagan (Viget). See MIT_LICENSE for further details.