Postgres array support for activerecord
Add basic support for postgres arrays to activerecord, with special attention to getting rails migrations / schema dumps working nicely.
gem install activerecord-postgres-array
or if you use bundler
- In your migrations you can define postgres array fields such as:
create_table :people do |t| ... t.string_array :real_energy t.decimal_array :real_energy, :precision => 18, :scale => 6 ... end
- When queried, the postgres arrays will be returned as ruby arrays, and vice versa.
- Validation of serialised postgres array strings is currently not implemented.
- Parsing of multi-dimensional postgres array strings is currently not implemented.
- String and Decimal arrays have been tested, but other array types have not been. Type casting will need to be implemented for booleans, dates, etc
- Arel like querying of values within arrays
- Arel like aggregate functions