Brunch with Chaplin
Requires Brunch 1.4+.
Modifications by viktors
- Removed stylus and handlebars deps, added jade and less deps
- Removed generators
- Bootstrap 2.0.4
- Font Awesome ee55c85, integrated using http://fortawesome.github.com/Font-Awesome/#integration
brunch n test -s github://viktors/brunch-with-chaplin
- Create new project via executing
brunch new <project name>. Brunch with chaplin is a default application skeleton for Brunch, so you don't need to specify
--skeletonoption for the command.
- Build the project with
- Open the
public/dir to see the result.
- Write your code.
Example application built with the skeleton: Ost.io.
See Chaplin github page for documentation.
Difference from Chaplin Boilerplate
Chaplin Boilerplate is a official boilerplate all for chaplin. This skeleton is almost the same, except a few changes:
- Added Header.
- Added authentication abstractions (
- CommonJS is used instead of AMD, because it's easier to use & debug.
- HTML5Boilerplate 3.0.3 html & css are included.
- CoffeeScript + Stylus + Handlebars as app languages (you can change this to anything you want)
- Backbone as main framework
- Cross-module communication using the Mediator and Publish/Subscribe patterns
- Controllers for managing individual UI views
- Rails-style routes which map URLs to controller actions
- An application view as dispatcher and view manager
- Extended model, view and collection classes to avoid repetition and enforce conventions
- Strict memory management and object disposal
- A collection with additional manipulation methods for smarter change events
- A collection view for easy and intelligent list rendering
- Client-side authentication using service providers like Facebook, Google and Twitter
The MIT license.
Copyright (c) 2012 Paul Miller (http://paulmillr.com/)
Copyright (c) 2012 Moviepilot GmbH, 9elements GmbH et al.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.