Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the blendercam wiki!
Blender CAM is an open source solution for artistic CAM - Computer aided machining - a g-code generation tool.
Blender CAM is an add-on for the free open-source Blender 3d package.
It has been used for many milling projects, and is actively developed. If you are a developer who would like to help, don't hesistate to fork the project and start generating pull requests.
There is a google group forum here if you don't find what you are looking for in this wiki.
- Several milling strategies for 2D and 3D
- Cutter types: ball, flat, v-carve with various angles, user definable
- work with 3d data or depth images
- Layers and skin for roughing.
- Inverse milling
- Various options for ambient around model
- protection of vertical surfaces
- stay low - option for movement
- material size setup
- simulation of 3d operations
- Background computing of the operations, so you can continue working
- helix entry, arc retract, ramp down for some of the strategies.
- Automatic bridges for cutout operation
- Chain export and simulation
Export gcode to:
- verious machines, uses nc BSD library from HeeksCNC
Not yet supported:
- motion direction - classic, conventional, meander, are only partially supported
- 4 and 5 axis milling