Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the blendercam wiki!
Blender CAM is an open source solution for artistic CAM - Computer aided machining - a g-code generation tool.
Blender CAM is an add-on for the free open-source Blender 3d package.
It has been used for many milling projects, and is actively developed. If you are a developer who would like to help, don't hesistate to fork the project and start generating pull requests.
There is a google group forum here if you don't find what you are looking for in this wiki.
- Several milling strategies for 2D and 3D
- Cutter types: ball, flat, v-carve with various angles, user definable
- work with 3d data or depth images
- Layers and skin for roughing.
- Inverse milling
- Various options for ambient around model
- protection of vertical surfaces
- stay low - option for movement
- material size setup
- simulation of 3d operations
- Background computing of the operations, so you can continue working
- helix entry, arc retract, ramp down for some of the strategies.
- Automatic bridges for cutout operation
- Chain export and simulation
Export gcode to:
- verious machines, uses nc BSD library from HeeksCNC
Not yet supported:
- motion direction - classic, conventional, meander, are only partially supported
- 4 and 5 axis milling