Vue Design System
Vue Design System is an open source tool for building UI Design Systems with Vue.js. It provides you and your team a set of organized tools, patterns & practices that work as the foundation for your application development.
- A set of interconnected patterns & practices for you and your team.
- A well thought-out terminology, naming conventions, and hierarchy.
- Get an automated overview of how your design system progresses over time.
- Global design tokens in YAML format that you can use inside any component.
- Automatic generation of living, user editable documentation.
- Easily export and use your Design System as an NPM dependency in another Vue.js or Nuxt.js project.
- Create a token, an element, or a pattern, and it’s immediately available across all components.
- Pre-configured Prettier setup for auto-formatting code on both save and before commit.
- Live Reloading, Autoprefixing, SCSS, and helper functions + simple and sane defaults for SVG and Webfont usage out-of-the-box.
- Documentation and the app logic are separated, so you can have public docs while the app itself stays private.
- And more…
- Getting Started: How to install and run Vue Design System.
- Terminology: Introduction to the system concepts and its hierarchy.
- Naming of Things: Naming is hard, so it’s good to have clear guidelines.
- Directory Structure: What goes where and why.
- Working with the System: Concrete examples on how to work with
- Editing Living Documentation: How to customize the living system documentation.
- Spacing: A framework for creating a predictable and harmonious spacing.
- Component Status: Clear labels that reflect the state of completion.
- Component QA: How to review new components and keep the quality high.
- Contributing: A set of guidelines for contributing to the system.
- Code of Conduct: By participating you agree to abide by its terms.
- Frequently Asked Questions: How to use icons, how to use font-face, etc.
- Official example
- Using Vue Design System as NPM dependency on Vue.js project
- Using Vue Design System as NPM Dependency on Nuxt.js project
- Using Vue Design System as NPM Dependency on a static website
- See Roadmap tag in the issues.
3.5.5is the latest release.
- See Releases page for the full changelog.
Need more help?
About to get started with a new design system? I’m an independent designer and developer, specialized in helping companies to build design systems. I also conduct design system workshops and do consulting. Let’s talk!
Authors and License
Viljami Salminen, Artem Sapegin, Rafael Escala, react-styleguidist contributors, vue-styleguidist contributors, Vue.js contributors, vue-webpack-boilerplate contributors, Theo contributors, and Polaris contributors.
Licensed under the MIT license.