vim-pandoc's goals are 1) to provide advanced integration with pandoc, 2) a
comfortable document writing environment, and 3) great configurability.
vim-pandocdoesn't provide syntax support. The user needs to install vim-pandoc/vim-pandoc-syntax alongside it (see below). The reason for this is we have found cleaner to keep the bug tracking of the syntax file and the rest of the system separate.
- Modular architecture, so the user is in control of what the plugin does. For example, if you decide you don't want to use our folding rules, you can disable them without it affecting other parts of vim-pandoc. Modules are simple to develop, too.
- Sets up a comfortable environment for editing prose, either for soft or hard wraps.
- Can execute pandoc asynchronously, through the
:Pandoccommand, which can accept any argument pandoc takes, both in regular vim and in neovim.
pandocis a filetype plugin, but it can also attach itself to different filetypes, like textile or restructuredText. The user is not limited to use pandoc with markdown.
- Useful custom mappings for markdown writers (partially implemented, perpetually ongoing). For example, we provide WYSIWYG-style style toggles for emphasis, strong text, subscripts, etc. Suggestions are welcome.
- Advanced folding support (syntax assisted, relative ordering...).
- TOC functionality, using vim's quickfix system.
- Bibliographies support, like autocompletion of cite keys. We plan to display additional information on the bibliography items on request.
- Basic hypertext support: follow internal and external links.
- Annotations: add metadata to your files (comments, TODOs, etc.)
- Vim 7.4 (we make use of the new python API).
For Vundle users, it should be enough to add
.vimrc, and then run
It is very strongly recommended that all users of
fmoralesc is the project maintainer, and he tries to solve all issues as soon as possible. Help is very much appreciated, in the form of bug reports, fixes, code and suggestions.
If you have a problem, it is better to open a issue in the issue tracker at github. Please state the problem clearly, and if possible, provide a document sample to reproduce it.
Join the chat at https://gitter.im/vim-pandoc/vim-pandoc