A brand new hyde
To get the latest released version:
pip install hyde
For the current trunk:
pip install -e git://github.com/hyde/hyde.git#egg=hyde
Creating a new hyde site
The following command:
hyde -s ~/test_site create
will create a new hyde site using the test layout.
Generating the hyde site
cd ~/test_site hyde gen
Serving the website
cd ~/test_site hyde serve open http://localhost:8080
Publishing the website
cd ~/test_site hyde publish -p github
Hyde supports extensible publishers. Right now only github is implemented. The hyde documentation is published to github pages using this command with the following configuration:
publisher: github: type: hyde.ext.publishers.dvcs.Git path: ../hyde.github.com url: firstname.lastname@example.org:hyde/hyde.github.com.git
Currently, the initial path must have clone of the repository already in place for this command to work.
A brief list of features
- Support for multiple templates (although only
Jinja2is currently implemented)
- The different processor modules in the previous version are now replaced by a plugin object. This allows plugins to listen to events that occur during different times in the lifecycle and respond accordingly.
- Metadata: Hyde now supports hierarchical metadata. You can specify and override variables at the site, node or the page level and access them in the templates.
- Organization: The sorter, grouper and tagger plugins provide rich meta-data driven organizational capabilities to hyde sites.
- Syntactic Sugar: Because of the richness of the plugin
infrastructure, hyde can now provide additional syntactic sugar to
make the content more readable. See
syntextplugin for examples.
- Default Layouts ✓
- Django Support
- Tags ✓
- Atom / RSS ✓
- Text Compressor (CSS, JS, HTML) ✓
- Image optimizer ✓