Fast AES for haskell
This is a simple and efficient AES implementation providing all most important mode of operations.
- C implementation.
- Pure interface to haskell.
- support AESNI instructions if available (Intel and AMD).
- GCM mode only works on byte boundary.
- remove create_round_key from sw implementation.
- add aesni acceleration for aes192.
- add pclmulqdq acceleration for GF.
- make galois multiplication endian safe.
- optimise further (lots of low hanging fruits).
- add a streaming GCM API
- GCM's GMAC support
Some older installed system do not support AESNI instructions, and cabal doesn't have a good mechanism for doing discovery of those old systems limitations.
One can use the following lists of command to solve the problems (doing forget to substitute what need be):
cabal unpack cipher-aes cd cipher-aes-<VERSION> cabal configure --flag -support_aesni <OTHER OPTIONS> cabal install
Another alternative is upgrading your userspace environment to have a gcc version that is at least >= 4.4 (2009), and a binutils >= 2.18 (2007).