Mantis Project Management
Copyright (C) 2011 Vincent Sels
Project Management is a plugin for the open source MantisBT tool (also check out its Github page). This plugin attempts to add basic project management features such as estimations, timetracking, project follow-up, and resource management to the existing bugtracking functionality.
Advanced time registration
- Allows different types of work like analysis, development and testing.
- Optionally supply an estimation to be set once. The remaining work todo is calculated.
- Optionally overrule the calculated amount of work to do. The difference with calculated amount of work is visualised.
- Displays a summary in the bug view details.
- Highly configurable: specify for which profiles time registration is enabled, which profiles can alter estimations, which sorts work are usable by which profiles,...
Time registration overviews
- Time registration worksheet:
- Displays recently visited issues, allows direct input of hours done.
- Displays recently registered hours done, by day, week and month.
- Time registration overview / billing:
- Limited to managers, an overview of all hours registered, the price per hour of the resource, and total costs.
- The ability to delete or change time registration entries (todo).
- Easily navigate to data for a specific project, category, user, type of work,...
- Displays summary reports per user.
- Allow easy export to excel or other formats (todo).
Per-resource Gantt chart
- In addition to the amount of hours per week, also add support to enter non-working days per resource.
- A Gantt chart that lists all work items per resource, shows the progress and expected completion date.
- Play around with expected 'availability' of each resource, expressed as a percentage of their available time, to discover a realistic date of when this developer's work will be finished.
- Shows an overview of all projects, sub-projects, categories and tickets for a certain version:
- A visual representation of how much work a certain project / category is compared to the rest of the work for that version
- A visual representation of how far the developer(s) have progressed, based on their estimations when supplied.
- Optionally assign individual colors to developers.
- For each user, optionally specify the amount of hours per week and hourly cost, default type of work,...
- Specify which customer/company your reporting users are part of.
- Allow only a selection of customers to pay for certain features ('custom development'), or all customers ('common development').
- Divide the total billable cost among all participating customers, optionally in proportion to the customer size.
- Allow certain customers to be able to approve of tickets simply as a notion, or in order to be able to assign them.
- Get detailed overviews per resource - tickets solved, most overdue tickets,...
A lot of credit goes to Mantis plugin-guru jreese (http://noswap.com), whose plugins supplied a great source of examples and inspiration.
- In order to be able to deviate from the general 'working hours per day' on user-basis, you need Mantis v1.2.9 or onward.
- Starting from v1.1 of this plugin, one small feature will not work with the base installation of Mantis:
- When 'paying customer' is set as a required field, you will be able to leave it blank when changing a bug's status. In order to be able to use this feature, two small modifications have to be made to the basic Mantis installation, as explained in this Mantis issue. This is necessary until the Mantis team decides to include the event in their core, if they deem it appropriate.
- Array export to Excel (introduced at v1.4.0)