Autocomplete for jQuery
Enables users to quickly find and select from differents kind of source (pre-populated list of values, ajax source (json, text), callback).
Why using autocomplete ?
- Lot of options allow to customize the autocomplete process (autohide, prefix match, min length...)
- Ajax exchange can populated throught callback to add / modify data to the post (get) and result can be redefined also throught callback.
- CSS is really short and fully modifiable
- Cross browser
- Tested on Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE
- Also manage max-width, max-height for IE
- Lot of examples
- ajax: json, text ; callback ; cache
- lists : flat, array, callback