Autobot plugin for Discourse
Currently it supports importing from below
- YouTube Channel
- Website RSS Feed
- Twitter User Timeline
- Can configure how frequent Discourse should poll from source for content.
- Import content as either new topic or reply post for exsiting topic.
- Setting custom owner username for improted posts.
- To import from any YouTube channels you have to configure Google API key in Site Settings.
- To import tweets configure twitter consumer key and secret.
- Ability to hide source URL for RSS feed imports. (via Campaign setting)
Register a YouTube API key.
(Taken from Google deveeloper docs: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started)
- You need a Google Account to access the Google Developers Console, request an API key, and register your application.
- Create a project in the Google Developers Console and obtain authorization credentials so your application can submit API requests.
- After creating your project, make sure the YouTube Data API is one of the services that your application is registered to use:
- Go to the Developers Console and select the project that you just registered.
- Open the API Library in the Google Developers Console. If prompted, select a project or create a new one. In the list of APIs, make sure the status is ON for the YouTube Data API v3.
- If your application will use any API methods that require user authorization, read the authentication guide to learn how to implement OAuth 2.0 authorization.
- Select a client library to simplify your API implementation.
Add the plugin repo.
- cd /var/discourse/containers and edit app.yml .
- add repo to the plugin section:
- git clone https://github.com/vinkashq/discourse-autobot.git.
- cd /var/discourse &
./launcer rebuild app.
Setup plugin for YouTube.
- Once your app has rebuilt, navigate to
/admin/plugins/autobot/campaignsin the browser
- create "New Campaign" filling in the required details.
- Provider: select YouTube.
- Source: choose Channel
- Channel Id: to obtain a YouTube channel's ID, go to channel URL, click on "Videos", the ID will be the value after
/videos- copy this value into the "Channel Id" field.
- Category: selecting a category will import new videos to said cateory or ..
- Topic Id: alternatively, selecting "Topic Id" will add each video as a reply to that topic. Topic Id can be obtained from going to a topic on discourse and noting the number at the end of the URL.
- Polling Interval(in minutes): the polling interval is how long the plugin should reach out to the API.
- Username for post ownership: choose a username to be attributed to the posts.