Viode is an open source Q&A (question and answer) community platform built with Ruby on Rails.
- Category subscriptions
- Labels (tags)
- Ask and answer questions
- Anonymous questions and answers
- Votes for questions and answers
- Search questions and labels
- User access levels (groups)
- User points (reputation)
- Star questions (bookmark)
- SEO friendly
- Can be used as a discussion board
- And many more.. Stay tuned.
- Ruby 2.3+
- PostgreSQL 9.3+
- ImageMagick (or GraphicsMagick)
- Clone the repository from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/viode/viode.git
Note: master branch is always stable.
- Enter the project directory:
- Run the setup command:
Follow the instructions.
Viode has a points system for user (aka reputation). You can configure it by
Here are the basics of the system:
- Each new user gets 100 points
- User gets 2 points when his question gets starred
- User gets 10 points when his answer or question gets upvoted
- User loses 10 points when his answer or question gets downvoted
See CONTRIBUTING.md for contribution guides.
Released under the BSD 2-clause license. See LICENSE.txt for details.