This cookbook installs package for Google Cloud Logging and starts the agent (google-fluentd).
This cookbook does the following:
- Configures the required apt or yum repository. The environment variable REPO_SUFFIX can be set to alter which repository is used. A dash (-) will be inserted prior to the supplied suffix. Example values are 'unstable' or '20151027-1'.
- Installs the logging agent.
- Installs "catch-all" configuration files (unless the environment variable DO_NOT_INSTALL_CATCH_ALL_CONFIG is set to suppress this.)
- Starts the logging agent.
- Sends a test message which should be visible in the log viewer.
Google Cloud Logging collects and stores logs from applications and services on the Google Cloud Platform:
- View your logs with the Logs Viewer, including third-party logs from your virtual machine instances.
- Export your logs to Google Cloud Storage, Google BigQuery, or Google Cloud Pub/Sub.
- Create logs-based metrics to use for monitoring and alerting in Google Cloud Monitoring.
- Get immutable audit logs for auditing and compliance.
- Use the Cloud Logging API to read, write, and configure logs.
The platforms supported are Amazon Linux, Debian/Ubuntu, Redhat/CentOS
The cookbook uses default package managers for the platform
License and Authors
Authors: Vipin Thomas, Karthik Subramanian