Virgo is a project for building an on-host agents. The goal is to provide shared infrastructure for various types of agents.
The first agent to use this infrastructure is the Rackspace Cloud Monitoring agent.
Join in and build your agent with us.
virgo is distributed under the Apache License 2.0.
Building on a Unix-like Operating System
Running monitoring agent fixtures server
The monitoring agent comes with an example fixture server. This will
send the fixtures found in
agents/monitoring/tests/fixtures/ back and
forth between a running agent. You can run a server and agent like this:
python agents/monitoring/runner server_fixture python agents/monitoring/runner agent_fixture
Building on Windows
Install the following:
- Windows .NET 4 Framework (Full Framework, not client): http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851
- Python 2.7: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.2/
- MSYS Git: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/ (does not work with cygwin git)
- Windows 7 SDK: https://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8279
- VS 2010 C++ Express: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express
- VS 2010 SP1: https://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=23691
Once the dependencies are installed:
Now you can open
monitoring-agent.sln from Visual Studio.
If you wish to compile from the command line, run:
python tools/build.py build
Change agent entry point
The entry point to the agent defaults to
modules/monitoring/monitoring-agent.lua. To change this entry use the flag -e:
./monitoring-agent -z monitoring-test.zip -e tests
This example would run