ViroCore downloads are available on our Releases page.
ViroCore is SceneKit for Android, a 3D framework for developers to build immersive applications using Java. ViroCore combines a high-performance rendering engine with a descriptive API for creating 3D, AR, and VR apps. While lower-level APIs like OpenGL require you to precisely implement complex rendering algorithms, ViroCore requires only high-level scene descriptions, and code for the interactivity and animations you want your application to perform.
Platforms supported: Android, ARCore, Google Daydream, Samsung GearVR, Google Cardboard VR
Sign up for an API key. The platform is free to use with no limits on distribution.
To report bugs/issues with the Viro platform, please file new issues on this repository.
Instructions for running sample code:
- Follow the prerequisite directions on our Quick start guide to setup dependencies for trying these sample projects with the Viro Media App.
- Clone the repo into your workspace with git:
git clone https://github.com/viromedia/virocore.git.
- Choose the code sample you wish to deploy, and open the root directory in Android studio.
- Edit AndroidManifest.xml, and replace "API_KEY_HERE" with the key emailed to you with signup.
- Ensure that Instant Run is disabled.
- (Optional) Clean and gradle sync.
- Build and deploy.
- You should now be in the application! Enjoy!
Viro Media Website: https://viromedia.com/
ViroCore Documentation: https://virocore.viromedia.com/
API Reference(Java Docs): https://developer.viromedia.com/
Join our Slack group here.
Check out our blog for tutorials, news, and updates.