Open Source Program Template
This is a set of templates and artifacts intended to help organizations bootstrap an open source program.
Please refer to those sites for information on getting started and configuration. We'll address some configuration here and, where practical, will refer you to details.
- Clone this repo
gh-pagesas the default branch
- Point your web browser to http://username.github.io/open-source-program-template
- The default home page has detailed instructions on configuring the site
- Edit content with your favorite editor or prose.io
To run and edit locally
- Ensure you have Jekyll installed
- Clone your repo locally:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:YOUR_ACCOUNT/open-source-program-template.git
cdinto your working directory:
- Run Jekyll, setting the
baseurlto an empty string:
jekyll serve --watch --baseurl ''
- Edit the files in the editor of your choice
The project is in the public domain, and all contributions to it will be released as such. By submitting a pull request, you are agreeing to waive all rights to your contribution under the terms of the CC0 Public Domain Dedication.
If you contribute the open source work of others, please mark it clearly in your pull request.