The Virtual World Framework (VWF) allows you to build collaborative, immersive applications in the browser. VWF provides:
- Realtime state synchronization.
- Support for immersive applications - a set of drivers for 3D, audio, video and modern graphics.
Install on Mac/Linux
NOTE: On Mac OS X, please make sure you have Xcode Command Line Tools installed prior to executing the script below (https://developer.apple.com/xcode/).
$ curl -kL http://get.virtual.wf | sh
This command may be re-run to upgrade the installation to the latest version of VWF.
Install on Windows
- The Windows Installer has temporarily been taken down for maintenance. In the mean time, follow our Installation Instructions.
For more complex installations, such as working on VWF core, please see our Installation Instructions.
Create a new VWF application from the command line.
$ vwf create my-app
Change directory into that app and run the application.
$ cd my-app $ vwf
Your application is now up and running at http://localhost:3000.
To get started with VWF, check out Getting Started.
For examples, check out our demos.
Also, browse through other example applications in the public directory.
Our development process utilizes several branches:
- master - Stable release of VWF. Running on http://demo.virtual.wf.
- integration - Integration testing features from development before merging into master. Running on http://integration.virtual.wf.
- development - The latest development and new features of the framework. Running on http://development.virtual.wf.
- branch/feature-name - Feature development is done on a feature branch before being merged back to development.
When submitting a pull request, please use the
Also, please be sure that your pull request conforms to our Coding Standard.
Keep track of developments and get help with VWF.
- Discover an issue? Head over to Issues and report it.
Copyright 2014 United States Government, as represented by the Secretary of Defense, Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel & Readiness) licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.