Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is the first alpha release of the upcoming 2.1 version.
2.1 will be a feature release which will bring the following new features:
- Support for distributed transactions, using 2 phase commit.
- Resharding workflow improvements, to increase manageability of the process.
- Online schema swap, to apply complex schema changes without any downtime.
- New dynamic UI (vtctld), rewritten from scratch in angular2.
- Update Stream functionality, for applications to subscribe to a change stream (for cache invalidation, for instance).
- Improved Map-Reduce support, for tables with non-uniform distributions.
- Increase large installation scalability with two-layer vtgate pools (l2vtgate, applicable to 100+ shard installations).
- Better Kubernetes support (Helm support, better scripts, ...).
Note that some of these features are still in development and not fully documented. This will change before we release the final 2.1 version.
Other noteworthy changes:
- Minimum required Go version changed to 1.7 (from 1.5).
- Updated to gRPC 1.0.0 (from 0.13.0).
- Added Percona Docker Images (changes contributed by Stitch Labs).