Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Vitess 3.0 many new features over 2.2.
- Server binaries are available in the Docker image "vitess/lite:v3.0.0-rc.1".
- Java client packages are published on Maven Central (To be uploaded).
- Source code is available via the tag "v3.0.0-rc.1".
All Vitess 3.0 changes are backward compatible with the 2.2 release. Please make sure that you follow the recommended upgrade order: vttablet->vtctld->vtgate.
Changes since 2.2
- Tutorial that runs on Minikube
- Tutorial that runs on local host
- Simplified db parameters for vttablet
- Formal support for externally managed mysql
- Prometheus plug-in
- Comment directives:
- Partial Scatter
- Multi-table DDL statements
- Workbench connectivity
- Cross-shard subqueries
- Improved handling of
- vtbench: Benchmarking tool
- MySQL protocol performance improvements
- Faster reparents
- Parallelized backups (4X faster)
- Snappier InitShardMaster and PlannedReparentShard
- Improved coordination with Orchestrator
New MySQL versions support
- MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB 10.3
- Pure Go 1.11. You can now build with
Resharding and VReplication
- Safer MigrateServedTypes
- Auto-reverse direction of MigrateServedTypes to allow rollback of a previous MigrateServedTypes
- Workflow SplitDiff parallelized across shards
- SplitClone uses destination master for comparison