This is the first release candidate of the 3.0 release.
We expect minimal changes between this and the final 3.0 release.
- Server binaries are available in the Docker image "vitess/lite:v3.0.0-rc.1".
- Java client packages are published on Maven Central (To be uploaded).
- Source code is available via the tag "v3.0.0-rc.1".
- Tutorial that runs on Minikube
- Tutorial that runs on local host
- Simplified db parameters for vttablet
- Formal support for externally managed mysql
- Prometheus plug-in
- Comment directives:
- Partial Scatter
- Multi-table DDL statements
- Workbench connectivity
- Cross-shard subqueries
- Improved handling of
- vtbench: Benchmarking tool
- MySQL protocol performance improvements
- Faster reparents
- Parallelized backups (4X faster)
- Snappier InitShardMaster and PlannedReparentShard
- Improved coordination with Orchestrator
New MySQL versions support
- MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB 10.3
- Pure Go 1.11. You can now build with
Resharding and VReplication
- Safer MigrateServedTypes
- Auto-reverse direction of MigrateServedTypes to allow rollback of a previous MigrateServedTypes
- Workflow SplitDiff parallelized across shards
- SplitClone uses destination master for comparison