Control your computer with phone.Rimoto Web is a simple web app that communicates with a websocket server called rimoto which allow you control your computer with any device like phone.
How to use it ?
- Clone the repository.
git clone https://github.com/vivekascoder/rimoto git clone https://github.com/vivekascoder/rimoto-web
- Install the dependencies.
cd rimoto python3 -m venv env source ./env/bin/activate pip install -r ./requirements.txt
- Then run the
- Run the
rimoto-webby opening a new terminal.
- Going to the `rimoto-web folder.
- Then going to the dist directory.
- Then using the
live-servernode package or
python3 -m http.server
- How to set the local ip address of computer?
If linux use the command
ifconfigand in windows use
One day i was watching movie in my laptop and my laptop was far away from me,
Then i started thinking
Accomplishments that we're proud of.
- The web app can show the live CPU and RAM usage of your computer.
- It can run on any device which ca run a web browser.
- The web app can also be used as a keyboard, whatever you type in the textbox will be reflected in your computer as well.
What we learned
- I've learned how to implement the web socket protocol using pythong without using much third party tools and libraries.
- I've used
websocketslibrary to implement the websocket server.
- For geting the CPU and RAM usage I've learned how to use
- I've Learnt how to handle the websocket protocol using VueJs.
What's next for Rimoto
- Making the websocket server SSL protected, so that i would be able to access the rimoto-web application from the website itself.
- Making it cross platform.
- Improving the UI.
- Adding graphs to show cpu usage.
If you worked on the project beforehand, what did you specifically work on this weekend?
At that point of time, I'll be working on making it cross platform and making the Websocket server SSL protected which would have allowed me to access the rimoto-web using thre website itself.
Did you register a Domain.com domain name this weekend? If so, what domain did you register?
Do you want to livestream demo your hack at the closing ceremony?
I would love to do that.